Sunday, April 18, 2010

Our Tree House

So, a couple weeks ago I was enjoying how awesome springtime was. I took TONS of pictures of all the awesome blossoms around Munhall. This is our tree in the front yard...


Maybe I should say, this WAS the front tree in our yard.

There was a freak storm that came into the area on Friday. I heard a big crash. I opened my front door and this is what I saw.

Poor, poor tree.




How depressing huh? Everyone was so concerned about our safety. The fire department even came to our house to check for structural damage! (there wasn't any) But I just couldn't stop thinking about the tree loosing its life! So much for 'going green' or 'earth day'. The house is fine. We are fine. The tree, not so much. The landlord had it removed. We now have a huge bare spot. Its so depressing. That tree was probably over a hundred years old. Alright. I am done rambling. Maybe I can put some tacky lawn ornament up in its place.

4 comments:

{kim} said...

That is crazy! So glad you guys (and your house) didn't get hurt. That must have been from the same storm with horrible wind gusts that closed the freeway here.

Helena said...

Oh please put a tacky lawn ornament in its place. I think it would help a lot.

Aynsley said...

Wow, Jamie that is nuts! I can't imagine waking up with a tree blocking my front door. Were the branches too heavy?

Tyson and Rachelle said...

Oh man! I am glad you guys were ok! Bummer about the beautiful tree!