Sunday, May 24, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday!








*Peter is a whopping one year old! His birthday started out the same as any other day. Wake up at 6:30 am, play, eat breakfast, take a nap at 8:30. Wake up an hour later, play more, eat more. Then play more, snack a little, then afternoon nap at 1:00. Then the fun stuff starts! We went to Winlsow to the Stars Studio (because the girls LOVE Peter). He got his first taste of chocolate cake and vanilla ice cream. As you can see my son is NOT a mess. At all. He was on a sugar high for the next 2 days after this!
*He also got a Tonka truck from Talan, and his favorite part is the plastic orange rake that came with it. He carries it all over the house and tries to stick it in outlets, boxes, mouths, trash cans, dog water or anything else he can think of!
*The other event of the week was a visit to Dr. Austin for shots and a check up. I thought Pete was getting huge! Apparently, I was mistaken. He weighs 20lbs 6 oz and is 29 inches long. That puts him in the 25% for both weight and height. His head circumference is in the 75% though. I guess its like father like son...

7 comments:

{kim} said...

I can't believe Petey is one already! He's such a sweet boy. And yes, definitely like father like son!

Kisha Atkin said...

happy late birthday Peter! He has changed so much since we've seen him last. He is such a big boy! Hopefully see you in 2 weeks when we come visit!

Shandi said...

REALLY!!! Already one. Wow time flies. He is way cute. I love the cake all over the face. My kid wouldn't do that.

Kimi said...

So I promise I am not stalking you... well I guess I kind of am. :) My name is Kimi and my husband and I are living in Pittsburgh. My husband is a first year dental student. We heard from Rose that you guys got accepted to Pitt, so being the nosey person that I am, I searched your guys' name to see if you had a blog. Anyway, we are excited to have some more LDS couples join the ranks of the dental students! If you have any questions about anything feel free to give me a call. Also, feel free to check out my blog... you'll see all the fun things we do out here! Our blog address is kjwegener.blogspot.com. And my number is 435-232-4906. We're excited to meet you guys!

My Suga' Baby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kimi said...

Hey Jamie! I guess we'll just talk back and forth on our blogs... unless you have facebook, that might be a little easier. Anyway, we will be here next week. The only thing is my husbands parents are going to be in town all week. But we would love for you guys to come over, that way you can see where we live and stuff. Do you guys have a place to stay? I would offer for you guys to stay at our house but the in-laws will be occupying our extra bed. :) If you need a place to stay though, I know of a few dental students who would be happy to let you stay with them. Just let me know! Also we did buy a house and there is advantages and disadvantages to that. We will talk with you more about it when you get here and answer whatever questions you have. We like the area and the ward we are in a lot, so we will try and steer you our way, but there are also other great places with lots of other dental students as well. It just depends what you're looking for. Sorry for the long post! But again, let me know if you need a place to stay! Oh and sorry about the above post, I realized I was under my friends google acct. so I deleted it.

Adam and Jess said...

We're so excited to see you guys on Wednesday. It will be so fun to have more LDS students. We have so many our year, we get together and have a blast. If you need us to drive you around to save money, it's really not a problem. Don't believe anything that Kimi tells you :) j/k. We love Jeff and Kimi, they're fun. Our blog is ajgnelson@blogspot.com. We're going private soon so I'll have to get your email address. See ya soon :)