Saturday, August 8, 2009

Moving...to Pittsburgh!

Things I hate about moving (in no particular order)
1. Packing
2. Leaving Friends (esp. Kim and Steve)
3. Leaving Family
4. Leaving Jack
5. Eating out so much
6. Leaving my dirt running trails behind my house

Things that are positive about moving
1. Throwing things away so you don't have to pack as much
2. New place to rearrange and decorate and make 'mine'
3. no more living in my parents basement. (can I get a HECK yes!)
4. Making new friends
5. Exploring a new part of the country
6. Me staying at home to be a full time mommy! Yippee!

Its here at last, and bittersweet! Bryan is on the road in our Exploder w/ Chris and the trailer. We hope it makes it. The transmission is being retarded but no one could figure out the problem, so Bryan decided to chance it cross country... Along the way he will eat at RUDY's, visit his GRANDMA in MISSOURI, and friends in KANSAS CITY.
I get the pleasure of flying instead of driving 40 some odd hours. Peter, thank you!

More to come....

4 comments:

{kim} said...

nooooo, I've been dreading this post. It means you're really leaving. I forgot you have to say goodbye to Jack; that's sad :-( I'm sure you'll make new friends to play Catan with in no time...

BusyMama said...

Good luck to all of you! I can't wait to see you guys. I will be back in the 'burgh later this month. If you need any help in the meantime (like how the heck do I get to walmart?), feel free to call!

{larissa} said...

you will love Pittsburgh! It's a sweet place.
I'm pretty sure my sister is depressed now that we're both gone. we need to hurry up and get back so she has friends again

Richins Family said...

I hear that you guys are here :) hope it all went well with the move! let me know if you need anything! we need to get together soon :)