Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Ah, clothes

I have a clothing fetish. I LOVE clothes, and yet it seems like I am always finding myself wearing the SAME 4 or 5 things. It drives me CRAZY! I am also slightly obsessive compulsive. My closet is color coded. Rainbow-style. Red, Pink, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple, Brown, Black, White, then stripes and patterns. And the Short sleeves go before the long sleeves in each color.
Part of my thinking was then I would know where everything was and I could easily find things. It worked great in AZ when closets were normal sized, but I still drove myself crazy because I didn't wear everything in my closet... (does anyone else do this???) Here my closet is a door, with the bar extending 3 feet back into a dark abyss and I can't see ANYTHING back there!
Here is my new plan.
I switched out my winter and summer clothes today and organized 31 shirts in order, even planning on my Sunday Dress. (The sad part is, I have way more than 31 winter tops. I will organize the rest if I can actually pull of my 'plan') I now have NO OPTION but to wear the next item in line. NO MATTER WHAT. If it rains, I will put on a coat, etc etc. I am going to wear EVERY item in my closet this winter. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Helena said...

This is so awesome. You are really brave.

{kim} said...

I love it. I should do it too. Just curious, are there any "bigger" shirts included in your 31?

Adam and Jess said...

I think the plan is good. I have to put my clothes in order of when I wear them or I forget and also only wear 3-4 shirts. I wish I had as many winter clothes as you do though.I would definitely agree that the driving here is ridiculous. Funny thing is that before we moved here I saw something on t.v that called Pitts the nicest drivers. I think they are almost too nice because like you said, they just make up their own rules.

Akina's said...

ooo i have the SAME problem! i never wear all my clothes and i definitely have a clothes thing myself! i don't know if i could do what you're doing though. I'm so moody abbout what i wear each day! haha