Sunday, July 18, 2010

The One with the Very Huge Post

(part 1 of 3...sorry guys....at least I separated it into "Brooke", "Peter", and "All of Us")
Does it ever seem like the oldest child has a bazillion photos taken of them when they were a baby and the rest of the kids got jipped? Being a parent, I can now understand why. Its not as if you love the 2nd any less, its just that you realize its not REALLY the coolest thing in the world when your baby sticks its fingers in its mouth. And you didn't really realize that 23 pictures per outfit is overboard. Or that other babies do the same thing as your baby. (That's why they are called "babies") So here is my point, while some may view it as not enough pictures were taken of the 2nd child....I think that way too many might have been taken of the first....maybe...or maybe not. That is the joy of being a parent! But I really didn't want Brooke to feel like we took so many pictures of Peter and none of her. So here are a bunch of pictures-just because- of Brooke.

(yes, her fingers and mouth have some sort of magnets on them...)

"PLEASE get me out of here Mom!"


The Mullet. Need I say more?




"What mullet?"









4th of July out in the humidity. It does wonders for her hair.


Look at my Buddha belly


May '10



Guess who? Not Brooke. Its me, Jamie at 3 months.



Jamie again! (but I think we do look a little alike)


Guess who? nope. Not Brooke. Not Jamie. Its Dawn! (aka Abby- Jamie's mommy!)
That is some major resemblance!


Just for the record, (because I will forget all too soon) here is what she is doing these days. She has been sleeping from 9 pm-5am on the majority of nights. We still haven't perfected it but that's alright. She is nursing about every 3 hours during the day. Sometimes sooner. She hates tummy time. I doubt she will be rolling over anytime soon. She is full of smiles and giggles and just adores her older brother. She watches Petey ALL the time. She is very good at falling asleep on her own as long as she is swaddled. But she works REALLY hard to get her hands out. And then I have to put them back in for her to fall asleep again. She also is easy to travel with and will fall asleep in her car seat. Go Brookey!

4 comments:

Helena said...

Aw, he is so cute. And I've seen him rush to put binkies in other babies mouths, too! Mia look a little confused, but she stopped crying.

Helena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Helena said...

And Brooke totally DOES look like you! (sorry, I spelled her name wrong the first time I posted this comment, and so I deleted it.)

larissa said...

brooke is sooooooo cute!!