Sunday, May 2, 2010

We did it!

Don't judge! I know Peter will be 2 in 2 weeks... I always said by the time he was 18 months the binky would be history. Ya. Right. That time came. And went. And I just couldn't part with it. Yes. You heard me right. I couldn't do it. I thought, he sleeps SO well! He was still napping 2 times a day and sleeping 12-13 hours at night. It was for my own sanity. But now the time is way past due and I swore he would be rid of it by his 2nd birthday.
So we did it! We borrowed a friends wall hanging of a gigantic spider and hung it above Pete's bed and told him for the past 2 weeks that the spider was going to bite his binky. So today after church Bryan cut the tip off it! Peter cried for about 20 minutes and fell asleep. We are going on a three hour nap now so I think he will be okay with out it!

4 comments:

Kate said...

Wah whoo!! I totally understand not wanting to mess up good sleeping habits!! Mallori was 2 years and 2 months old when we got rid of it- and it wasn't a big deal at all. But like you- I wasn't ready to get rid of it!!

{kim} said...

Yay, good job! So how'd he do last night without it? I would be scared of the spider hanging above my bed. Was he?

Helena said...

Awesome! I've seen kids as old as 4 who still use a binky. So nice job!

Rachel DeFreese said...

Such a good idea! My friend told her little girl that a balloon was going to take it. She bought a small bunch of balloons and had a little good-bye party for the binky, and off it went.

So many great moms around to give simple and helpful tips! Thanks Jamie!