Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Guess who is making a wedding cake?!

Me.  That's right. And I am just slightly nervous.  Okay, I am REALLY nervous.  The real question is...how bad am I gonna screw it up?  Hopefully my future sister-in-law will still like me when she sees it.

Here is the thing-
1. I have never made a wedding cake before.
2. The first attempt counts.
3. The wedding is in 2.5 weeks.
4. I just found out I was making it. (Alright, that's a lie.  I found out on Saturday. Better?)

I think I would do better taking the pictures.  Do you think they would give me that job?

4 comments:

Ironygirl said...

Didn't you just try fondant for the first time? I'd be nervous too!

Tera said...

Way to go Jamie! You'll do great! I have heard of people using syrfoam for the structure, you could try it.

Jessica Daly said...

You can do it ! Let me know if you have questions/need help/brain to pick :)

Adam and Jess said...

When did you change the header picture? It's cute. I must've just been looking at the feeds the last few times I checked it out. Anyways, I'm excited and nervous for you. I'm such perfectionist when it comes to stuff like that and my cakes were just for showers. Just remember to give yourself PLENTY of time. I was always surprised at how long everything took.