Sunday, May 22, 2011

The Un-Baby Shower

I feel like life has been incredibly busy since we came home from our trip to DC.  We got home on a Sunday and I was planning a baby shower for a really good friend on Tuesday.  I had a fun idea planned for it eons ago, and like always, I procrastinated actually putting everything in motion until I got home.  Monday and Tuesday were rediculous.  I really should learn not to put things off.  I had a ton of shopping to do as well as 'crafting' and decorating.  Luckily, I was co-hosting with my friend, Kelly, so we managed to pull it off.  But barely. 
  I wanted to do the theme "Alice in Wonderland" and have the scene from the Mad Hatter's "un-birthday tea party".  It was so much fun to plan.  We went to Good Will and found tons of really ugly tea pots and cups and we made little tags for the beverages "Eat Me" and "Drink Me" for the food.  I really hate shower games, (my apologies to everyone that loves them) so we played 'un' shower games.  We painted white roses red like the movie, and also attempted to play Croquet.  I had no idea it was so hard to play.  I suck at it (no surprise here. Have you seen me with any other sport that required a ball???).  I wish I had a ton of money to spend on this party.  I really could have gone crazy for it... (you know, life size playing cards, nice white chairs with big bows on them, 20 strings of paper lanterns hung...I could go on...)
(Another note when planning: Do the cake the night before.  It always takes longer than you think!)



(I had to get yard flamingos too! What kind of "mad hatter" party would be complete without them?)

  I am so happy so many people came to support Jessica and her soon to be baby girl.  She is going to be great with a girl! (She is already super-mom to her boys!)  Oh, and I had to add a picture of the super popular dress...
I think she got five of these cute little things!



1 comment:

Ironygirl said...

What a cute idea! It looks like it turned out great!