Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Catching up

After our crazy busy trips to Arizona and Florida, my mom flew back with us to Pittsburgh and we spent some time seeing Niagara Falls and the Church Historical Sites around Palmyra, NY.  We got to see the "Hill Cumorah Pageant" which was something I have wanted to do since I was a little girl.  It didn't disappoint!
We brought our bikes with us and were able to bike around the falls and to the wirlpools.  It was awesome.  And of course we found a playground for the kids which made everything worth it to them.  We wanted to eat "buffalo" wings since we were in Buffalo, NY.   We stopped off at this wing/pizza place that Yelp had listed as really good food, but terrible service.  They didn't lie.  The pizza was even more amazing than the wings, but I have never sat SO long at a table in my life.  We waited about 15 minutes before the waitress even brought us our menu's.  That should have been our first sign. (Usually this sort of stuff only happens when my Dad is with us.  He seems to have a permanent curse of getting poor service, uncooked/overcooked food and sometimes the wrong order or a forgotten order altogether!)  He wasn't with us so we mistakenly thought we were safe....
Anyway.  Not to make my post all about the food...



Sliding with Daddy





Greatest picture EVER of my mom.  I laugh every time I see it.  It just makes me happy!

Palmyra was amazing.  We saw the Joseph Smith farm, the Sacred Grove, the Peter Whitmer Farm, and attended the pageant in the evening.  It was truly amazing to be in the place where the restoration began!  I loved the Sacred Grove.  It was an experience I will never forget.  It was so peaceful and calm.  I could feel the Spirit from the moment I set foot in the place.
The pageant was incredible.  If you are thinking about seeing it- DO IT!  It is worth it.  They really go all out.  We had great seats, and brought the pack-n-play for Brooke and set it up in our row.  It was perfect.  She sat in it and watched "Baby Signing Time" while Peter fell asleep on Bryan's lap and all the adults got to enjoy the show!
Whitmer Farm


The Sacred Grove



Us with ALL of our stuff at the Pageant.  Pack N Play. (Check!) Big Awkward Bike Trailer/Stroller. (Check!) Kids. (Check!) Toys. (Check!) DVD player. (Check) + all other needed baby items are in the back of that blue monstrosity!

1 comment:

Helena said...

Ooh, Palmyra sounds fun. We have to go next year. And it's so awesome that you mom could come- she is so adventurous.

And that last picture, with the pack n play, is so funny. You guys look prepared for ANYTHING.