Sunday, October 23, 2011

Annual October Closet Raid!

Every October I clean my closet.  I am slightly obsessive-compulsive.  I like things in a certain order.  I don't like it when I am playing a card game and the 'discard' pile is messy.  I like my shirts folded a certain way.  My food storage is methodically dated and organized in order by weight of the food as well as category the food fits in.  So, naturally, my closet is organized in rainbow order.  You know, Red, then Orange, Yellow Green Blue Indigo, Violet.  Then come Blacks, Whites, and Greys.  Then Skirts, dresses, hoodies, and winter coats.

Every year in October I go through and mess up the order.  It is tough.  But it has to be done.  I look at the weather forecast and plan out my stuff in advance and have to go through and wear the clothes in that order.  If there is anything I skip and don't wear- Goodbye!  It goes to Goodwill.  That way my closet doesn't get full of clothes I never wear.  And it is fun to actually wear everything in there!

As you know, I am moderately (bordering on severely) pregnant.  I can't fit in 3/4 of the shirts in my closet so I can't do my usual plan.  Instead, I am wearing the same 6 maternity shirts and 3 pairs of pants that still fit.  Getting dressed is so depressing these days!  The best part is picking out my shoes because at least those aren't getting tight.

My alternate plan is to go through my closet and get rid of any summer shirt that i did not wear more than 1x this summer.  Then when I am no longer preggo, will attempt this again when my body is somewhat back to normal. (Because we all know doing the 'wear the thing you planned' within the first 2 months of having a baby is ludicrous.  I will be wearing whatever I don't feel fat in.  And I will probably change it 3x before deciding on it.  Then I will just get spit-up, or poop all over it 30 minutes after putting it on so i will throw my hands up in frustration and put my pajamas back on. 

1 comment:

Chris said...

That font! It burns the eyes... :(