Friday, October 28, 2011

Quiet book

I recently organized a project to make a quiet book with a bunch of girls.  It was pretty intense, but it came out awesome.  Here is how it worked: 14 girls signed up and we all picked one page and made it 14 times.  8 of us decided we wanted to do a second page so we picked a second theme and made it 8 times.  We all got together earlier this week and exchanged the finish products.   Now i have a super awesome quiet book for church.  I am not done binding it and sewing titles on all the pages, but I am SO excited for it.
 It was my first time sewing a zipper.  It was easier than I thought.  I bought finger puppets from Ikea that fit inside the ark and am making a little felt "Noah" to go in it as well.  14 "ARKS" later....my stack is really big...
 My second page: (I only had to make 8 of these, thank goodness.  Placing eyelets is a huge pain)
I will post my entire book when I finally decide how I want to bind it all together.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

L-O-V-E your book! Also, you look fabulous even when dressed as a pregnant witch.

{kim} said...

Oh, I love it!! I covet it! Please tell me one of those 14 is for my kids for Christmas :) Actually, this is a great excuse for me to start sewing, I have a few things I've been wanting to do. Maybe I can talk some friends into doing it with me. Great job, Martha!