Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Men In Tights

I love fall and Halloween has always been fun, but since we have moved to Pittsburgh, I have a whole new love for the holiday.  It may have something to do with the fact that my parents have made it a tradition to come visit for the weekend.  I love it and have looked forward to it since, uh, last Halloween!
I also love that Peter is still willing to let me pick out his costume.  I am thinking this is the last year this is going to happen.  But to his benefit he does love this character and was so excited to dress up.  Bryan's mom made the kids costumes and they came out absolutely adorable.  The one thing Peter's costume lacked was bottoms...so this is what we found.  He is very manly in them.  I am just not going to mention the little dance he did every time he told someone that he was "Peter Pan!"
 Brookey was my little Tinkerbell
I make "Monster Cupcakes".  Aren't they cute?!


 The spookiest part of Halloween... SNOW.  Yuck.

 My mom was some kind of pack animal for Halloween.  Free rides to anyone under 40lbs!
 Peter's first experience going trick-or-treating.  Checking out the goods! (People go all-out here.  We only trick-or-treated down 2 blocks and he got 3 full size candy bars, along with a couple 24 packs of crayola crayons and sidewalk chalk!  I felt really cheap passing out my little fun size snickers and reese's!)

2 comments:

Randee Mecham said...

The costumes turned out great! I wish the trunk or treat would have gone down so I could have seen these guys in person. Ya we've got to get some good outside activities in before the snow really starts!!

Esther said...

I love the costumes. How cute. Hannah has already gotten to a point where she won't let me choose. And she changed her costume each time we went to a different Halloween party. I think it is awesome your mom comes for Halloween. How fun. By the way, I love your quiet book. I can't wait to see all the pages!