Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving

Last year for Christmas Haley got me a spring foam pan.  It has only taken me until now to get the guts up to try and use it.  I am please to present my first attempt at homemade cheese cake.  Pumpkin-gingerbread-pecan. 
 And my first attempt at home-made crust for my apple pie.

 Brooke has become obsessed with 'pretties' in her hair and the latest are headbands.  But she doesn't really look 'pretty' in them because her hair goes nuts around the elastic.
 We had a group of friends over and decided to put on a movie in Peter's room and turn 'em loose to all the adults could hang out.  Not a bad idea, as long as you are okay with the mess that will follow...

 Our thanksgiving group.  Minus Bryan's dad.  He was taking the picture.
 Mount Washington



 Riding the Duquesne Incline
 Thanksgiving isn't complete with out some sort of Christmas-ee adventure to wrap it up.  We visited the tree down on Carson street to let the kids run around and attempt some pictures.  (more pictures to follow in next post.)

Let the Holiday's begin!!!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Wow, 7 of the 9 kids aren't looking in the Thanksgiving picture! I think the Nelsons get 10 points for having both kids looking at the camera and saying cheese!

{kim} said...

Brooke is getting so pretty! She looks so grown up now. And, I'm loving your bangs. You don't really have wrinkles, do you??

Ashley said...

okay, so that cheesecake looks SO GOOD! I wish I could have had a bite. I love making cheesecake and have a good chocolate cheesecake recipe if you ever want it.

The pie looked delish, too! But then again, I am a sucker for those too!