Thursday, January 5, 2012

You tell me, boy or girl?

I had my 38 week appointment today at my OBGN.  Same old thing.  Weight, blood pressure, fetal heartbeat, measure belly, internal check to see if anything is 'happening'.

This pregnancy was pretty much summed up by my doctors comment after measuring my belly.

Me: What am I measuring?

Dr.  Way too big....

Me:  No really, how big?

Dr.  Don't worry about it.

Thanks.  That gives me peace of mind.  I think this whole pregnancy I have recieved more obnoxious comments from strangers (and friends for that matter!) than any other pregnancy.  Here is a note to self for future reference:
You carry way out there.  With tons of fluid.  And apparently your babies are getting bigger.  Deal with it.  Or stop getting pregnant.

There.  I said it. Hopefully I can take my own advice to heart.

And to everyone else who likes to talk to pregnant women passing you on the street, a word of advice...

 Be nice.

Say something simple like: "Congratulations!"  or if you must ask "When are you due?" (and when they tell you they still have 3 months, don't reply with things like "Good lord, you are never going to make it!" or "Are you sure there aren't twins in there???" or  "hmmm. Well, I could tell you USED to be skinny".... These things do nothing but make the pregnant lady feel crappy.  Just FYI.)

I am approaching D-day very soon!  I am scheduled for an induction on Wednesday.

And I am sure all everyone is SO tired of hearing about pregnancy crap from me.  So this is my last pregnancy post.  (okay, not really, I will most likely have a labor and delivery post as well...) Here is the summary:

So far all of my latest appointments have showed that I am only at a 1 cm dilated and not effaced.  At least with Brooke I was 1-2 cm at this point and 50% effaced.  This kid is just comfy cozy and swimming laps in the excessive amniotic fluid.  It has been my easiest pregnancy so far.  I am still able to jog at 38 weeks.  Yaya!  And I am not nearly as swollen this time around.  And until today, I have had plenty of energy (minus the miserable 1st trimester of puking and nausea 24/7).  But don't let that fool you, I am more than ready to have this baby.  I have gained 36lbs. The same amount as with Brooke and 10 less than I did with Peter. (and I am SO excited to lose it!)  The sheets are washed, car seat ready to go and I have a fabulous unisex onsie in my hospital bag.  We still don't have a name picked out at this point, but we have narrowed it down to 2 boy and 2 girl names.

I am convinced its a boy.  Bryan is betting on a girl.  Dr. guessing close to 9lbs.  I disagree.  I say 8lbs 3oz.

What do you think? Gender? And how big?

7 comments:

Ashley said...

Hmmm... I'm guessing boy and 9 lbs 4 oz! I hope he's not that big though!! Good luck with everything! I can't wait to see the little (big) guy! :)

{kim} said...

I say boy. 8 lbs 7 oz. Name him Will.

Alexandria Rammell said...

I'm really bad at this. I'm going to say girl just cause u gained the same weight with Brooke. But the profile was super hard to tell but if I had to go off that id say boy. But I've never seen a girl ultra sound pic. I'm going to say 7 lbs 11 oz. close to 8 but ur other babies were smaller so I'm going off that to. And don't let strangers fool u... U looked great ur whole pregnancy! I would never know from the back! And unlike me where my face is getting fat all of u didn't grow except ur belly!

Thompson Family said...

Oh my goodness, I can't believe you are so close!!! How exciting! I'm going to guess.... BOY! Just a random guess though. I will be excited to hear the news, I hope everything goes well!

Randee Mecham said...

I'm going with boy! I also think you should name him Will, oh I like Heath too! I'll guess he is 8 lbs 5 oz. So excited to find out! Let me know if you need me to watch your kids or anything!

BusyMama said...

Boy, 8 lb. 6 oz., and I think you better let us know ASAP how things go. Excited for you!

Adam and Jess said...

I'm guessing boy, 8 lbs 14 oz and you'll have him on Jan 12! Ok so I'm a little late guessing but he is so cute and I feel so bad at all the awful comments you've had to deal with this pregnancy.