Monday, February 20, 2012

One rolled over and they all fell out...

Or something like that. 
The time has come.  The time is now.  Marvin K Mooney Heath William Hays will you please go now!
I finally kicked my sweet chubby little grunting/cooing and many other assorted noise making baby out of our room.  I got a GREAT night of sleep last night.  It was a good choice. 
Or so I thought. 
The down side to this arrangement is that Peter and Brooke are roomies now.  Peter was extremely excited to have his sister move in with him.  And Brooke seems to think its pretty cool too.  We moved her crib into his room and the bassinet into the nursery.  I decided it would be in my best interest (meaning I would probably get the most amount of sleep) if I didn't put Brooke in a bed yet.  I am planning on switching her over in about 3 months or so.
Or so I thought.  Nap time has not gone smoothly today. Its only the first day.  The two of them giggled and giggled and then Peter was out of his bed giving toys to Brooke in the crib.  I threatened him with sleeping on the floor in my room if he didn't knock it off.  Of course, he didn't listen.  So I moved him into my room.  (he was NOT happy about it).  And Brooke was less happy than him, to say the least.  I went back downstairs and proceeded to clean up the spilled milk and cracker mess that had mysteriously invaded my kitchen table and a larger portion of the floor during lunch today.  Not even 3 minutes later I heard a  "THUNK" followed by a REALLY unhappy cry.  I ran back upstairs to find Brooke screaming her head off on the floor.  Apparently she decided she wanted to sleep with Peter no matter where he was so she made her first attempt at jail-breaking out of the crib.  She was 100% successful too.  Except for the part where she landed on her head.  I didn't know if I should have laughed, or been mad, or felt sad that she hit her head, so I settled for a combo of all three.  I hugged her, put her back in her crib and am now sitting down here blogging with my fingers crossed that she will not try that again for at least a week or so. 
So much for my planning.  I bet she ends up in a big-girl bed very soon.  And that means I am gonna be even more sleep deprived.  *Sigh*

1 comment:

Thompson Family said...

Ugh! I am totally empathizing with you! When we moved out here I had to have the boys share a room and the only way I could get them to go to sleep for the first few weeks was to put Tyler down first, then wait 15 minutes or so until he was asleep, and then send Jackson into bed. It's worth a try!