Sunday, June 10, 2012

The One Day Method



Brooke has been telling me "NO Diaper!" for about a 2 months now.  And taking it off on her own.  (Which was scary because she didn't care if it was empty or full, it you know what I mean...)
After agonizing about how much potty training sucks, I broke down and decided to give it a try.  I didn't think it was going to be successful either.  I read tons of stuff before I potty trained Peter and he did good, but I waited until he was almost 3. And he didn't get to where I trusted him by himself or out of the house for a couple weeks.
Brooke has been amazing.  It took about 12 hours to potty train her.  And I know we are only 5 days into this, but she was sleeping through naps without a diaper on the first day, and now she can do nights too!  She sat through me jogging, gone grocery shopping, and had a playground adventure with no accidents on day 2!  I am amazed. 

There is nothing this girl can't do when she puts her mind to it.  The only problem is that it is going have to be HER idea.  I am terrified.

This is part of our "Potty Camp".  We invented a "Potty Dance" complete with a song for every time she went in the toilet.  We also made a super special treat where they got to lick the bowl.  And if you hadn't noticed, Brooke got to go 'pants free' the entire day.  She also got mini- Princess figures for going #2.  (I had to think of a million activities to keep us on the tile flooring where messes would be easier to clean! Little did I know that we wouldn't HAVE any messes!) 
 Go Brookie!

3 comments:

{kim} said...

Awesome! Good job Brookie!!

Carrie said...

Will you please give me lessons on potty training when my Henry reaches that age? I'm the worse!

Adam and Jess said...

Go Brookie.Who knew it would be so easy. Yeah for being pants free for a day:)