Thursday, September 3, 2009

Optimism

Bryan and I have been talking a lot about blessings and humility lately. I seem to be whiny I guess- what else is new? So I decided I would make a little list of things I have been blessed with in the past:
1. My wonderful family
2. A safe journey/move to PA
3. Bryan getting accepted to dental school
4. A bed to sleep in. (no I am not joking. We slept on an air mattress for a week when we first got here. Those SUCK)
5. A kitchen stove that didn't burn me on the outside when I was cooking things on the inside
6. My mom around to watch Peter so I could go run every day

Here are some things I am thankful for currently:
1. Schenley Park- safe, beautiful, dirt trails for me to run on
2. Strollers. Without one, I couldn't run at all!
3. My own washer and dryer. AMAZING!
4. Amber Warner's Grocery store- Thanks! You are the best!
5. Tilex and all other anti-mold/mildew removing bathroom and kitchen cleaners. The world would be pretty nasty without you.
6. My library card. There is nothing cooler than FREE books

Here are some things I am looking forward to:
1. October. My Parents are coming! YEA!
2. I am someday going to purchase a jogging stroller. WOW.
3. Books that are coming out soon- Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins. (if you haven't read the first one- Hunger Games, I would recommend it). Also- an Echo in the Bone by Diana Gabaldon
4. Bryan and I are going to actually cook meat when our stove/oven gets fixed!
5. Visiting the Zoo, and the Children's Museum
6. Call me cheesy, but I am kinda excited for New Moon, even though I think it will be lame.

5 comments:

{kim} said...

we miss you guys :-( have you been using your regular stroller to run with??

BusyMama said...

I'm so impressed with you! It took me way too long to admit to one positive thing about moving way out here. :) We need to have you guys over soon.

Biscuit said...

You can come and use our store whenever you want! How can you not give food to Peter? He is too cute to turn down!

Ashley said...

It sounds like you guys are having quite the adventure in PA. I'm glad you made it and wish you the best of luck there. I just wanted to drop you a line and let you know I'm not some strange stalker from NE. I'm going private on my blog so if you guys want to read let me know your e-mail address.

Adam and Jess said...

Sounds like us, there's plusses and minuses to living out here. One thing is for sure, Adam and I are closer now that we don't have all the drama and pressure of family all the time.