Sunday, February 20, 2011

A week of pictures

Maybe someday we will actually leave the house.  But for now I feel like spring is a long way away.


We did get a couple packages in the mail this week! We LOVE packages!  Abby sent Peter some stickers for Valentines day.  They went crazy with them.  I have stickers all over the house.  Most of them end up in Brooke's mouth though.

Peter is getting to be quite possessive of his 'stuff'.  It drives me bonkers.  You can see from my awesome photography, the word "NO!" is captured forever in this lovely photograph...

Our second package this week was from Nana.  She made these awesome sweaters for the kids.


And sent the sippy cup.  Brooke REALLY was into it.

Ah.  Candy.

"Is it spring yet mom???"

 "We REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want to go outside!"




This is the 'gargoyle/gremlin' face Brooke likes to make.  I don't really know what its for.  She just thinks its funny.  I do too.
I came down stairs the other day to find Peter hanging out in Brooke's saucer.  He can get in it just fine.  He can't quite get out...
"Yes.  I am looking for something disgusting to put in my mouth.  Do you have any mud? Staples?  Dead bugs? Carpet fuzzies?  No? Never you mind.  I will find something nasty to occupy my oral cavity..."

Someday Peter will hate me for making this story public.  But I thought it was pretty hilarious.  We were getting ready for church this morning and he tells me he needs to go potty.  Ok.  No big deal.  I tell him to go for it.  He disappears into the bathroom.  about a minute later he is hysterical.  I run into the bathroom to see what was going on. 
He was in the toilet.  Yup.  In.  The.  Toilet.  As in, he fell in.  He forgot to put his little potty seat on the toilet. Luckily, he hadn't gone in it before he decided to go for a swim.   


This is what it has come to in our house.  Pulling out the grocery bags.  It is THAT boring around here.


Jomax even agrees!

Ready, set, GO!

"Brooke! We said 'GO!'"  (Peter beats her EVERY time! I wonder why???)

The other day, Peter put on his backpack and walked out the door saying "Bye Mom!  I'm going to school with Daddy!"
Too bad he forgot his pants.  And he doesn't know how to drive.  Otherwise I am fairly confident he would have made it to school.

Bean Burrito's.  The Hays' family dinner of champions.



I really love that Brooke's personality is coming out.  But I think I was unprepared for how strong of a personality it would be.  Peter is so easy going.  Not that Brooke isn't.  She is just more adventurous.  And I don't know how this is possible, but I think she might be the most stubborn one in the family.  She won't go to sleep unless SHE wants it.  She doesn't play with toys I give her.  She finds the ones SHE wants. 

Oh ya, and have you noticed the frequency of 'Jomax' lately?  He goes everywhere with us.  This poor monkey has seen better days.  Peter carts him anywhere he goes.  And the moment he is distracted, Brooke picks him up.  Welcome to the family Jomax.  I hope you survive the craziness. 

1 comment:

Rachel DeFreese said...

I stand at the door and bang on it these days too. I want to go outside too!!!!