Saturday, February 12, 2011

What is your vice?

Mine is the dirty dishes.  They are always there...just lurking in the sink.  Waiting.  Getting dirtier by the minute!
I try to stay on top of them I swear!  My plan is to not go to bed until the dishes are done.  And it works.  Most days.  But then SOMETHING happens.  We host some friends for dinner.  Or- We have something planned soon after dinner.  SOMETHING.
And for one LITTLE day, they sit in the sink overnight. 
Then morning comes.  And its chaos.  They sit in the sink all morning.  I think- nap time, that is when I will get this under control. 
Nap time rolls around...
Yup. You guessed it, I am napping. 
So the dishes SIT.  A little longer...

It seems like once you have one night of dishes in the sink you have EVERY item in your kitchen begging to jump in the sink with them. 
Those nasty, stinkin', no good, very bad pots and pans join them.  Along with every spoon in the house. 
Suddenly, 2 days have passed and my sink is overflowing with this non-sense.  What to do? What to do?!

I'll tell you...
Anything but the dishes.

3 comments:

Tera said...

How did you just explain my world so perfectly?

Ashley said...

Amen! I couldn't have said it better!

Ironygirl said...

You and me both. I can REALLY relate to this and am glad I'm not alone!