Monday, February 28, 2011

Big Dreamer...

Bryan says I like to spend money.  I think he is somewhat right.  The thing is, you have to HAVE money before you can spend it.  But I am scheming about what I would do if I did have a lot of cash at my disposal...
I like to day dream about my dream house.  I have been planning all the things I want in it since I was 14 years old!  I thought I would immortalize my ideas in one spot.  They have been jotted down in various areas around the house- my journal, the back of some power point slides from an old perio lecture, the recipe box...ect ect. 
Here are the main items:
  • One main floor.  I might possibly go for a basement for a game room. But I really HATE stairs.
  • A FLAT driveway
  • Big windows.  (I hate dark places.  I want my house to have LOTS of light) This brings me to my next dream...
  • Privacy.  A house in the sticks might be alright after all (either that or have my house far back on a big lot with lots of trees to block the from the prying eye).  I don't want those big windows to be a waste.  I want to be able to have the curtains open all the time with out worrying about creep-o's checking out my house!
  • Enough Closets.  Big closets. 
    • A nice coat closet by the front door with enough room for shoes, scarves, umbrellas, coats, hats.
    • Linen closets in every bathroom
    • One in the laundry room to hold all my cleaning supplies
    • Another one for seasonal items that you want to access without having to go in the attic...
    • While I am at it, how about a nice walk in closet in every bedroom?
  • A 'folding station' in the laundry room.  i.e.- enough counter space that I don't have to fold laundry in ANY other room in the house. (one of my friends told me that this idea is silly and I don't need a folding station, just a maid if my house is going to be this big...lol)
  • A wrap around porch.  With a swing.
  • A kitchen with an island. And enough counters to store everything in.  I don't want my toaster to not have a home and be stuck out on the counter. 
  • 2 sinks in the master bathroom.  And tons of counter space. 
  • Did I mention big windows?
  • Master bedroom- far, far away from the others.  So far that if I turned off the baby monitor there would be a ZERO% chance of me having to hear a someone who wants a party in their room with mommy at 3 AM.
  • Work out room
  • Game room/movie room
  • Office
  • Formal Living room when you enter the house.  With my grand piano.  (dream on...huh...)
  • Covered Porch in backyard.
  • Fenced in backyard
  • Basketball court in backyard
  • Flower Garden
  • Veggie Garden
  • 3 car garage (big enough to open the doors and not be hitting the walls, possibly big enough to open doors and get in the garage if I was carrying a child or carseat or stroller.)
  • Lots of grass in the backyard.
  • Vaulted ceilings. (I didn't say I was practical)
  • Master bedroom with a reading nook.  I want a bay window to sit in and enjoy the sunshine and a good book.
This is just the start of my very long list.  Did I miss anything vital?

3 comments:

BusyMama said...

Maybe I missed it, but a huge pantry for food storage. Organized food storage. And maybe a nanny for the kids, a cook to make healthy meals for you, and a landscaper to take care of all that landscaping maintenance. ;)

Ironygirl said...

My sister and I made a list like this on Google docs. We have almost the same list! :)

{kim} said...

Can I live with you? Pretty please!