Thursday, March 3, 2011

I swore I wouldn't spoil her.

Sometimes in life you have to eat your words.  
 I admit it.  I really like having a girl.  For the cute, frilly, pink and purple, flowery crap that I could NEVER get away with putting on a boy.  Don't get me wrong, I love playing cars and trucks and trains, but there is just something about the color pink that makes me happy.
I have been planning Brookie's 1st birthday party for a while.  Here is my latest project.  It was pretty much idiot proof.  All that was needed was the ability to sew in a straight line.  Which, by the way, is a challenge for me.

 "The Throne"
(complete with matching crown)




Its going to be fun to watch her have her first cake and eat it too!

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Jamie I love the throne! It made me laugh, but honestly I would have done the same thing for Annie. I can't wait to see Brooke in it.

BusyMama said...

Oh dang that's cute! Birthdays for your kids are almost more exciting than your own, don't you think? Happy early birthday to Brooke. :)

NJ said...

Ooo I love your new font! Love it! Good luck with the B-day party. I'm sure it will be so fun!!

{kim} said...

Oh man, that's the funniest thing I've ever seen! You are awesome, and Brookie is gonna look soooo cute eating her cake in there! Speaking of, I can't wait to see the cake you make her...