Thursday, April 14, 2011

Wanna be photographer

   I really love taking pictures. I also have NO clue what I am doing.  I have an awesome camera.  Every once in a while I will push the buttons somehow to get the exposure time to change or accidentally move the focus from set 'middle' point and it will actually be on my subject.  Its amazing when that happens and I get really excited.  I have been picking my friends brains that have these mad camera skills.  I have a book that stares at me at night when I go to bed that is begging me to be read that is all about acquiring mad camera skills.  But I get too lazy and end up just getting out my camera and pushing buttons and taking random pictures.  (I think I take about 50 pictures a day)
Anyway, the point of all this is that when I went to the zoo today I took a bazillion more pictures and somehow I got a couple where I really like the lighting.  They aren't necessarily great positioning of my 'subjects' or anything.  They are just candid shots and I was desperately trying to get them to look at the camera (or just hold still).  The middle picture might be a teensy bit too overexposed for my liking, but I am proud of the 1st and 3rd- even though I am really not sure how I did it.





2 comments:

mccall said...

Good job, Jamie! They look awesome. Just keep shooting - its the best way to learn (and read your manual).

Alexandria Rammell said...

I could show you a few things. I have taken a couple classes but really its a lot of practice and a good photoshop. and unfortunately manual setting are always the best picture but with kids it is hard because you have to set up the picture which can take 2 to 3 min. and usually you want to catch your kids doing something really fast before the moment ends and they are on to something else.