Friday, April 1, 2011

Dear Diary,

 Or not.  What I am trying to say is I am writing a Journal-type entry today.  For those of you that hate to read- Get over it.  Just click the back button and check some other blog with more pictures.  For those of you unfortunate souls that have chosen to read on, I have a lot to say to say.  Sorry. :)

I would like to say that March has flown by.
Unfortunately, I can't.

    I feel like it took FOREVER to get to April.  Its not that I have some vendetta against March or anything.  I am just sick and tired of this crappy cold weather.  I am usually not a complainer. (okay, that's a lie)  What I mean is, I am usually not a complainer on my blog.  I try to keep it mostly upbeat.  *Key word- Mostly*   

To summarize the month- It was way too long.  Too cold.  Too snowy.  Too rainy.  Too cloudy.  Too Gray.  It really wasn't all bad. Really.  Bryan had 2 four day weekends.  That was awesome.  One of which we took a trip to Washington D.C. with the Nelson's to go to the Temple and to check out some historic sights.  It was a blast.  And I bet you wouldn't believe me if I told you when we left Pittsburgh, it was snowing. (gasp!)  
We went to Mt. Vernon and walked through George Washington's estate.  Pretty freaking cool if you ask me. We also went to the Museum of Natural History, saw a St. Patrick's Day Parade on Constitution Ave, walked about 40 bazillion miles, saw most of the war memorials, took a picture with Honest Abe, took a potty break in what has to be one of the nation's busiest (and smelliest) bathrooms underneath the Lincoln Memorial, ate lunch on the grass in front of the Washington Monument and discussed all the incredible biking possibilities around the DC area.
     

    Brooke turned one.  That was probably more fun for me than for her.  She also had her 12 month check-up.
       Stats: Head Circumference- 75%
                Length: 31 inches- 90%
                Weight- 21 lbs- 50%
 I am shocked that we actually have a kid that is above the 50% for anything.  And for as much as this one eats, I would have thought it would be weight!  (She is a garbage disposal.  Her Uncle Ryan would be so proud!)
  
     We switched Pediatricians offices too.  What a relief.  The place I was going to had great doctors, but every time I went we waited at least 1.5 hours to be seen.  It was my worst nightmare- Germs everywhere combined with bored kids.  It produces pretty poor results.  Especially with an obsessive compulsive/germ-a-phobe mother.
 
     Bryan had to grow a mustache for one of his classes (how in the world it relates to dentistry is beyond me).  I have one word for mustache's in general- Ewwww.  He may or may not have looked like Hitler.
He kept the darn thing for the majority of the month.  Maybe that was why it seemed so long.
  
I read a bunch of books this month.  I have added about 20 more to read soon.  I love when I find some good reads and can find the time to sit and enjoy a book.  (It is very tricky to do that!)  I am going to read our book club book, Life of Pi written by Yan Martel.  Another on my list is The Count of Monte Cristo written by Alexandre Dumas.  I also have a couple cake decorating books and photography books on my list as well as the usual Book of Mormon study.  Which brings me to one of my goals this past month.  I am FAR from perfect on it, but I have found that if I do my scripture study before I read anything else or turn on the TV, I actually get it done.  Otherwise I am putting it off until bedtime, and I end up falling asleep reading them.  Wow.  That sounds terrible.

Bryan and I have gone for quite a few bike rides.  Regrettably, they have been in the snow, rain, wind, and cold.  Every once in a while we have been graced with the sun's bright presence. We are planning on doing our crazy bike ride to DC the end of April.  I am really hoping the weather cheers up a bit because we have some high mileage rides to get in to be ready.  The kids love the rides.  Our little trailer is perfect! 
 
     Peter has become enraptured with the alphabet.  It is pretty awesome.  He loves Word World and when he is done watching it he wants to 'build a word'.  He gets all the fridge magnets and arranges them into his own dictionary of words.  He also goes around making up his own spellings for everyday objects.  For example, the table would be "b-e-e-g-h-a-t-e-l".  Or something of the sort.  I didn't say he was good at spelling.  He is just learning the concept, which is really cute to me.
     He is also loving his train set, as usual.  But now he has added the element of conversation to his trains.  He sounds just like George Carlin.  Kind of.  "Thomas is a really useful engine, said Sir Topham Hat" and "The troublesome trucks wiggled and giggled...said Percy"....  It cracks me up.  I love listening to him ramble on and on about the next big adventure his trains are going to take!
  
     Brooke is, well, into everything.  EVERYTHING.  Including the toilet.  And the dishwasher.  And the my clothes hampers.  And my kitchen cabinets.  And I mean that Literally.  She loves climbing in things.  I am just glad I caught her before she was totally in the toilet.
 
I promise to post pictures soon.  I have a ton.  Way too many probably.
   Until next time, peace out!
           Jamie

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Oh Jamie! I love reading your thoughts! They remind me of the many thoughts I have. I'm starting to get better at writing them down.

I'm crossing my fingers for some good weather soon. If we have a good day where the sun is out we also have horrible winds! Ugh! We just can't win living in the places we do.