Friday, March 30, 2012

Little stuff that makes it all worth it

Some days are a little rough.  This morning was one of them.  First Brooke had an all-out on-the-floor tantrum at the grocery store, and then later she took 45 minutes to scream her head off before she fell asleep for a whopping 30 minute nap.

But then she was just so stinkin' cute when she woke up.  She played nice with her toys and then I hear her in her room carrying something big...

I peek in to look and she is carrying our 8x11 family edition of the Book Of Mormon and saying, "Read Scriptures! Read Scriptures!".  She then proceeded to carry it into our bedroom and wake Bryan up from his nap saying "wanna see Je-us!"

It doesn't get much better than that.  Within 30 seconds, both her and Peter were on their daddy's lap and he was telling them stories of Jesus.  Peter wanted to hear the 'one about the cross' (I know that one isn't in the BoM. Its in Matthew...and the other 3 gospels as well.  Click here if you want the link to it online) and Brooke wanted to hear 'kids and Je-us!' (where Jesus comes to the America's in 3rd Nephi and blesses the little children Click here to read about Jesus in the America's)

It made my whole week to sit and listen to my children be so excited about Christ!  Its the perfect weekend for it too!  I love General Conference!  I admit that it is more challenging to listen to with Peter and Brooke running around crazy, but I love listening to President Monson and all of speakers.  I always feel refreshed and uplifted and motivated to be a better me.  I am glad to know that even way out here in Pennsylvania I can still get conference.  (But it is a little bit of a bummer I can't tune it on my am/fm radio!)  Thank goodness for the Internet...and BYU tv!

3 comments:

{kim} said...

Awww, that is sweet! I love it when our kids actually show us that they are learning the things we teach them.

TyJohansen said...

That's so awesome. Love it!!! -Nicole

Randee Mecham said...

Such sweet kids! The joy of motherhood truly does come in moments like these.