Monday, January 17, 2011

New Year, New Goals

I love setting new goals for New Years.  Maybe I am weird.  But I enjoy it.  2010 was fun and full of new things.
In no particular order:
  2010 brought:

-Brooke :)

-A second car (thank goodness!) (and a new transmission in the old one!)

-3 trips to Arizona to visit family

-a new hobby- cake decorating

-the 1 year mark of life in Pittsburgh

-another potential hobby- photography

-some awesome adventures around Pennsylvania- Falling Water, Steelers game, Pirates games, Outerbanks NC, Virginina Beach, DC, and Erie.

-watching the ENTIRE series of LOST (in a very short amount of time)

-discovering Frick Park and more of Schenley and all the GREAT places to trail run!

I have so many goals and ideas for this new year.

-Painting my bedroom and Peter's

-taking a Photography class

-making another wedding cake (any takers???)

-completing "Insanity" (I am on day 2 of 60.  Hopefully I look like Shawn T when I get done)

-take a Ballet class (its about time! I even signed up for one...more about that later...)

-Eating healthy.  My plan is to only have 'junk' dinners 2x month. Things that qualify as junk- pizza, burgers, and other crap that comes pre-cooked that you can microwave. This is going to be the hardest goal for me.

-Reading my scriptures more often.  I know 'daily' should be my goal, but I am so bad I am going to shoot for 4x week until June, and I will re-evaluate and go from there.

-Buy a bike.  Go biking as a family this summer and hopefully ride the 'Great Allegeny Passage' from Pitt to DC

-Check out all the church historical sites in New York and Ohio

-New York City.  I don't care when. Okay, I do.  I want to go for Thanksgiving.

-Get Peter potty trained. (I am working on it.  It hasn't been fun.)

-Go on at least 2 dates a month with Bryan

-Finally, put the last 2 years of my blog into a 'blurb' or whatever the heck its called.

No comments: