Saturday, January 22, 2011

Things that stuck with me (and on the ceiling) this week

Peter informed me that he "only eats 'boy' food"

He also now wears "underwear".  He will correct me if I call them anything else. (i.e. "underpants" is NOT an acceptable term!)

I was talking on the phone to one of my favorite people in the entire world, my Nannie.  She asks me (as I am driving in sub zero temperatures here in the 'burgh) if the weather is warming up? Because she is in Green Valley Arizona and its 80.  She is wearing short sleeves and golfing.  I take a glance at my attire in my heated car:  Pants.  Thermals on under my pants.  Cami.  V-neck sweater.  Knit Vest.  Heaviest wool coat I own.  AND I was just thinking before she called how I was under dressed because I didn't have a beanie, scarf and my Burton snow gloves handy when I had a 10 foot walk back inside the house!

Bryan sent me an awesome pictures on my phone.  I wish I knew how to transfer it.  I'll try to describe it.  It was a thing of beauty.  I see our ceiling in the kitchen.  It is COVERED in brown nasties.  I automatically think the worst. (He is home with the kids and I am at a baby shower...)
The caption: Yes. Yes, that is beef and gravy.  On the CEILING.
     I didn't even ask how.  Or why.

Peter is picking up on things I say.  He changes them to use them against me though.  For example:
Yesterday I asked him to come downstairs and play while I did some laundry.  He looks up at me and says "mmm...Probably not"
(how old ARE you child???!!!)
Example number 2: Bryan and I went out on a date and he was at a friends house.  She asks him a question somewhere along the lines of "do you want to get your pajamas on?"
His response: "mmm...probably not"  and "maybe later"

I think I need to re-think my dialogue at home. 

Brooke is obsessed with putting things in her mouth.  I really don't think I have been around another baby who tries to kill herself by sticking so many unpleasant things in her mouth.  I can't leave her alone for a second.  Remember how I said I was excited about her hair getting longer so I could put it in a pigtail or two?  Well, she is excited about that too.
She knows how to pull them out.  I accidentally left them in her hair when I put her down for a nap.  When she woke up, I went in her room and noticed one was missing...
You guess it!  I did the good ole' finger sweep...and she had it in her mouth.
I am not the brightest crayon in the box.  What do I do? Roll my eyes, and tell her she is disgusting.  Then I get the comb and have to put the darn thing back in her hair. (like I said, not the brightest crayon)
She and Bryan took a trip to the grocery store an hour later.  They return, and she, again, only has one pigtail instead of two.  Only this time the extra rubber band is no where to be found.
uh huh.  We all know where it went.  I hope the rubber band has a nice trip to the other end....

No comments: