Sunday, January 9, 2011

Our 2nd 5th Anniversary

No joke.  We celebrated our 5th anniversary twice.  Let me explain.  Last year was our REAL 5th year anniversary.  Bryan forgot, or should I say, he was quite confused to the point of forgetfulness. 

We were driving somewhere, sometime in the not too distant past, when I brought up our up and coming anniversary.  Bryan, who was driving, gave me a sideways glance and a wink.  Then, reaching over and squeezing my hand, says, "So, its kind of a big anniversary this year."

I reply, "Uh, okay."

He says, "I can't believe you don't think so!"

I say, "I didn't really think the 6th anniversary was a big one, but if you say so...."

He says, "no, its not, but the 5th is.  And that is what we are on!"

I say, "Um, babe- It is our 6th.  We had our 5 year anniversary last year."

Apparently, it wasn't very memorable.  (It really wasn't.)  I was in Arizona.  Bryan was in Pittsburgh, a first year dental student, studying like crazy and stressing over finals.  We skyped for about 15 minutes for our anniversary.  Romantic huh. 

I totally let it go.  I didn't think that it was worth making a big deal over the fact we did nothing for our 'big' 5 year celebration.

Well, since I didn't make a big deal.  Bryan never realized he forgot it.  I thought he was better at math than that.

Anyway.  He gave me an amazing 2nd 5th anniversary/Christmas/birthday/1st 7th anniversary present.  Not everyone gets to celebrate their 5th anniversary 2 times.

(In case you were wondering, I got a REALLY nice camera.  Now I need to learn how to use it!)



Happy 2nd 5th to us!  I love you still.  I really do love you more every day.  You are the greatest guy on earth.  You are a great husband.  You put up with my crap.  You are an awesome father and a hard worker.  I trust you completely and know you will always be there for me.  Thanks for a great 6 years and here is to the next 60! (or more...)

2 comments:

mccall said...

happy 2nd 5th anniversary!!! i am so excited you got a nice camera!!! you will love it.

which one did you get?

{kim} said...

happy anniversary! Bryan looks soooo young in those pics lol.