Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Girls Night!

I hosted a girls night last week and I hope everyone had as much fun as I did.  I did a 'Cooking Night' where I had everyone bring 3-4 ingredients and set up stations around my kitchen with the recipes we were using.  We drew out of a hat for the recipe we were going to be at and we got down to business and made a TON of food.  And it all came out Amazing. (please excuse the 'half eaten food' pictures...what can i say, it was THAT good...)
Here was the menu:
Appetizers: Cheesy Garlic Bread
                  Southwest Eggrolls
                  Salsa
although this doesn't look amazing in the picture, trust me, it was.

yes, you can buy 'egg roll' wrappers in the produce section of your grocery store!
this was Nicole's salsa, i didn't get a picture of the one we made...)
                  

Salad:         Berry/Spring Mix/Peaches
                  Homemade Blueberry Vinaigrette dressing


Main dish:  Cilantro Lime Rice w/ Pineapple
                  Carmelized Green Beans
                  Bacon wrapped Chicken terryiaki shish-ca-bobs


Drink:        Brazillian Lemonade (from scratch)

Dessert:    Cheesecake stuffed Strawberries dipped in Chocolate


I have to say my favorites for the night were the homemade salsa, bread, and the green beans.  Closely followed by the rest of the food...
I have a super creative friend who is really good at plate designs and showed us some ideas...


We even threw in a baby shower to go with it... Happy Baby Nicole!  We kept it simple and had the traditional present opening after we stuffed our faces.  good times.  Thank you friends for all your help with this.  It will be a great memory of good times and girls in the 'burgh. 
"Bun in the Oven"

I can't take the credit for these.  But I wish i could.  They were de-lish!


1 comment:

Thompson Family said...

mmmm, looks yummy! You should post the recipes too:) So I was reading your post about still doing insanity and had to laugh. Well that sounds mean, I'm so sorry you overdid it and got so sick! But that is just classic Jamie and I love that about you, I miss you! And you look great by the way!