Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Outerbanks 2011

After much stress, (which I probably brought upon myself un-nessarily) we finally got to go on our much anticipated vacation to the Outerbanks in North Carolina.  I have to say that you know it was a great vacation when you get home and realize that you didn't take many pictures because you were too busy having a good time!  It was a super enjoyable experience (for the most part).
The highlights (for me) included:
the beach.

the sand at the beach.

the waves in the ocean.

the really awesome sea shells.

the sunshine at the beach.

the pool.

the light house.

I have to mention the bummer stuff because I am trying to keep an honest record of how things really are.
the lowlights would have to include:

brooke's ear infection 2 days before we went.

the antibiotics that made me have to change a stinky diaper 8+ times a day while trying to enjoy all of the above.

brooke's diaper rash due to the above events that made her super grouchy.  (bryan and i considered leaving her there for someone else to take home.)

other than that it was a really good time.  we rented an awesome beach house in Duck, NC.  Comparing this trip to last year I have to say that Duck is way cooler than Waves.  The whole area is more developed.  There was a ton to do.  Our house had a killer pool, and club house, and playground for the kids.  It also had a very convenient private access to the beach.  We were in walking distance to an ice cream shop, so of course Bryan was happy. 


Some of the boys (and a couple girls) even risked their lives and may or may not have jumped from the 2nd story balcony into the pool....

Peter hanging out on the Sound side of the island (this was the side that got pummeled by Hurricane Irene).  This was one of the only walks out to the water that was still in usable condition.
 Looks like it is nice weather...decieving.  We were really sweaty.  And hot.  And here is the closest thing to a belly picture you are going to get of me.  21 weeks.
 We got to hang out with Kurt and Helena a bunch and we had a great time with these guys! (sorry Helena, this is the only picture I got of you guys...I know its not great!)
 The highlight for Peter was the Go Karts.  It was a shinnanagan to find a place that would let a 3 year old ride as a passenger. (weird?  I thought so)  But he was in HEAVEN.  I think it was the highlight of his trip.


 Showing how Brooke really was...a snotty mess!


 This is as close as Peter ever got to the water.  Brooke would have swam off to China if we let her, but Peter was TERRIFiED of the waves.  He was hysterical every time we even mentioned the word 'beach' and he would consent to go but stay up close to the top and play in the DRY sand.  The picture below is when he was feeling really brave on the LAST day we were there.  Pathetic.

 I am almost done with pictures.  I promise.  To conclude I must put in the classic "Buried Alive" picture.  Meet Chad.  Once upon a time, a human.  At the beach, a sea turtle.  Pure awesomeness. 
I LOVED the time we spent together with family and friends.  We made some great memories.  The only thing that I didn't get to do was take a big group picture with everyone that went.  It was a great group!

No comments: