Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thoughts

I feel like I have been posting tons of pictures lately and not a lot of words.  The last couple weeks have been crazy busy.  On Sunday afternoon I came down with a cold.  So did Peter and Brooke.  It really hit me hard.  Now that I am better I have been thinking about life and my Heavenly Father's plan for all of us.  The phrase "Let there be Opposition in All Things" comes to my mind.  I seem to take so many things for granted.  Like being healthy.  It takes me getting knocked over the head with a 2x4 for me to express some gratitude to God for all the great things in my life.  I realize that we have trials for a reason and that through the bad and the hard we will find the good and become stronger. 
  One of my favorite hymns, "Lord, I would Follow Thee" has been in my head tonight. 

Savior may I love my brother
As I know thou lovest me,
Find in thee my strength, my beacon,
For thy servant I would be.
Savior, may I love my brother-
Lord, I would follow thee.

It made me think about 2 things.
a) The need for repentance and change.
b) How amazing the life of Jesus Christ was.

Not to get all preachy or anything...but I really love my Savior, Jesus Christ.  I know I am so far from perfect, but I know its never to late to change or to try and do better.  I know he died for me and I don't want to waste His sacrifice.  (Geez, I feel like I am giving a church talk and need to close all formally or something! Sorry!)  I just want to put in writing my feelings and I feel like when I put things in print it kind of pushes me to really do better and try to truly be grateful for my blessings and do better tomorrow than I did today.
 

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Thanks for sharing your feelings Sister Hays. J/k! No really you expressed a lot of what a often feel. I just don't ever record it. So thank you!!! You are awesome!

{kim} said...

Well said! That is my favorite hymn!